Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11th, 2009

6.01 miles on exercise bike
124.3 calories
15.3 carbs
----------

So now that I'm up to date, I suppose I should explain the purpose of this journal too. Now that my summer is back to the normal boring crap, I've decided I'd like to get in shape before school starts. Mind you, this gives me like... two weeks, but I miss my calves burning after every day at band camp, so I figured it was time to share the love with my thighs. It's merely coincidence that the only piece of exercise equipment we own is a bike that keeps track of distance, calories, carbs, and time you put into it.

Now, I don't think that I'm fat. This is not some vain attempt to slim down because I want to be the next hot thing on campus. I just want to feel healthy. Sure, there are plenty of thin girls in the world, but how many of them can say that they're fit? I'm not starving myself, not on any diet pills, not going to buy any of those crazy video tapes that are supposed to help me work out. This is entirely my own discipline and some tough live time for the thunder thighs I've been rocking since middle school. It's also an outlet to write again, because the poetry course I was supposed to take never got created, so I'm out a writing course. For now... Gerontology might have to go if I can get them to make the Poetry section for me.

So, anyway. This is my getting in shape blog. To prove it's not a weight loss attempt, I won't even talk about poundage that I lose/gain because our scale doesn't work and that would make me feel less legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment